Paying traffic tickets, as everyone agrees, is a hassle. From looking up your nearest courthouse, standing hours in a queue to finally reach your turn, taking half a day off work and never knowing if you have, for some reason to pay late fines after a certain date, and what amount.
Despite technology progressing in every other field, and thousands of hours being wasted thus, there is no solution in sight. Therefore, considering this, New Jersey Meadowlands commission has created www.NJMCDirect.com, an online portal in order to deal with paying your traffic dues.
NJMCDirect.com is an online portal for the payment of your traffic fines and dues, online and from anywhere. You can use any browser, and any device with the capability to go online to pay your fines at your leisure. Using this portal, you can use your ticket, license number, and an online payment method in order to pay your traffic fines and dues.
While this portal is convenient for payment of dues, we recommend taking care of the portal’s working hours to ensure a smoother payment experience. The working hours for the NJMCDirect portal are:
Monday-Thursday: 4:30 AM – 11:15 PM (EST)
Friday: 4:30AM – 10:15PM (EST)
Saturday: 4:30AM – 3:15PM (EST)
Sunday: 1:00PM – 11:15PM (EST)
The Main Requirements For NJMCDirect Traffic Ticket Payment
The three main requirements for this payment method are:
- Parking or traffic ticket: The first item you will need shall be your traffic ticket. On a traffic/ parking violation, an officer will hand you a challan for the amount of the fine to be paid. The ticket shall contain an encrypted court ID, a ticket number, and shall mention the rule/ law violated. This is the most important item you need, as without this no payments can be made and the fine shall be considered unpaid.
- License plate number: The second item you will need is your license plate number, as on your driving license, or as on your vehicle. This helps in proper identification of the person/vehicle whose fees/ fines are being paid
- Online banking: The third item you will need is access to any of the following modes of online payment; a credit card, or a debit card. You can use Mastercard or Visa for the payment. The payment window will be routed through your bank’s service
Fine payment by NJMCDirct portal is quick and easy, by following the given steps
- Open the browser of your choice( Google chrome, Safari, Microsoft edge, Mozilla firefox etc.) in your device( Mobile or Laptop/ Chromebook/ PC)
- Go to www.njmcdirect.com, the official website for NJMCDirect payment
- On the portal, you will find two options, traffic ticket, municipal complaint, and then select the traffic complaint section
- Enter the details asked for. Here you will type in the court ID/ name, ticket prefix, ticket number, and your license plate number
- Click on continue
- You can click on two options now, click on ‘View NJMCDirect Ticket’ to see your NJMC ticket, the amount payable, and all fees( including late fees) involved, or on ‘Process NJMCDirect Ticket’ to go to the next payment window
- On the payment page now, choose your mode of payment, credit or debit cards( Visa or Mastercard) to pay the fine
- Fill out your card details, and click on continue. The payment will be made, and you will be redirected to the printable receipt
- You can save a copy of the receipt anytime within the next 90 days, beyond which the portal may delete your receipt data
We hope that this article was helpful in informing you about the requirements for traffic ticket payments using the portal. We hope that you have a great experience in paying with NJMCDirect.com